Thursday, May 03, 2012

Time to Relax

I feel like I finished this school year in a doggie paddle, barely keeping my chin above water. I don't think the swimming got any harder but I got more and more fatigued. I did the calculations: I put more than 20,000 miles on my van this school year. No wonder I'm so tired.

Sunday: until March, church twice a day, once in Moody, once in Springville
Monday: school/piano
Tuesday: CORE (where Mags and Ty took credit classes) and Grace worked Mother's Day Out
Wednesday: school/church/hang out with Springville ladies
Thursday: Co-op in Trussville, seminary class with Chris at night
Friday: CORE and every other week: errands and grocery shopping, followed by Fri Nite
Saturday: catch up/kid activities/work day/school prep

I really, truly enjoy my life. I like being with my kids all the time. I like the closeness we have, the way we talk about everything and do fun stuff together. I like studying and teaching new things. I like seeing them hang out with their friends and make new ones. I  like seeing them learn and grow. I like homeschooling. I really do.

Fun, wonderful, awesome activities wear you out. Have you ever been to a water park, or Six Flags? It's sooo fun! You never want the day to end, but when it does... CRASH! My kids are usually asleep before we leave the parking lot! Good things make you tired too.

So I am glad it is summer for us. We didn't take a Spring Break. We pushed through. We'll keep doing math and English two days a week during the summer, but we're taking the rest of May off.

But it feels really weird, sitting here in my living room with no where to go... *sigh*... I feel like I'm forgetting something. Like I should be somewhere already. Hmmm. How do you, what's that word? Oh! Relax. How do you do that again???

No comments:

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...