Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Snapshot

A quick snapshot of my life:

I'm sitting in my comfy green chair, cruising the web. Listening to music. Sippin' my coffee.

Ty and Griff are playing tennis on the Wii while Michael and Brody cheer them on. There is much laughing and jumping and screaming and high fiving. I am smiling.

Maggie and Gracie are playing a game on the internet. Laughing at each other. Getting along. I am relieved.

My packing for the beach is almost done. My laundry is done. My supper is laid out. Addison is coming for pot roast. Dane is house/cat/dog-sitting while we are gone. I am happy.

It's funny how different I feel today as opposed to Friday. I want to say that I wish every day was like today... but without the crappy days, I wouldn't really appreciate it. I guess I should just enjoy it. I am grateful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too! I woke up today usually dreading Sundays, but today I was like I didn't have anything else to be anxious about. I was so spent from the weekend I was just like "ok, God, so what if it's a crap day...you are still God and you love me." And we've had a great GREAT sunday.

Missy said...

You saw me on Friday. How crappy could your day have been?

Good times are in store for you this week!

Anonymous said...

ooooooo missys a fortune teller now!!!!!! do me! do me!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...