Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our Baby Kitties

Our little bitty kittens are super cute. I'm serious. I've tried to be hard-hearted about them. I've tried to not be delighted with them. Really, I have. But it's just not possible. At all.

There are five of them and of course Ty picked the cutest one. But I worry about him; he's so tiny and pitiful looking. We're praying he doesn't die. Ty's named him Tiny Titan, in the hopes, I suppose, that he'll be inspired to live up to his name.

I watched my kids take care of them today. I bathed them for the first time... the kittens that is. As I finished bathing each one, I'd hand it off to a child. It was so sweet to watch my kids dry their kitten and talk to it, trying to soothe it. And then each one of us was holding a towel-wrapped kitten, cuddling and humming to try to recreate a purring sound. (We read that the Momma's purring is soothing) It worked and the kitties calmed right down and went to sleep. I looked up and there were all my kids, rocking and swaying and humming. It about broke my heart it was so sweet. When it was time to put them back in their temporary home in the bathtub, I led the procession down the hallway. We looked like monks, all in a row, humming and shuffling our feet. It made me smile.

Just thought I'd share. Today will be a good memory.








4 comments:

heather said...

I love kittens they are so cute. But I am itching just looking at the pictures. I love it when my boys talked baby, cuddly talk with Max it is so sweet. Great memories are so grand.

Missy said...

You have gone over to the dark side.
We are officially not friends.

Michelle said...

Awwww, that is so precious. Your family and the kittens.

Kittens are cute. Period. Even if you hate cats you can't resist a kitten. They are so sweet. Awww, I wish I was holding one right now :)

Happy Birthday BTW. I hope you have a very Happy day.

Anonymous said...

baby animals rock! except for rats and insects. that is just gross.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...