Friday, August 08, 2008

My New Obsession

In one of her comments, Missy alluded to the fact that I can be slightly obsessive. At first I disagreed with her just on principle. But then of course, my finely tuned honesty reflex kicked in and I had to admit that, yes, sometimes I can be a little bit obsessive.

I have been obsessed with Sean Watkins' music, Colin Firth, IMDB message boards, various and sundry books, Derek Webb (not as much as Chris, mind you), Jane Eyre (book and movie) and now I am just the tiniest bit obsessed with Act of Congress. (www.myspace.com/actofcongress)

AOC's music grabs me by the hand, forces me into a chair and slaps a smile on my face. I am powerless against the repeat button. My kids listen for a while and then move on to other things. And it's just the Myspace page right now. The CD hasn't even been released yet. But I do have my tickets for the CD release concert purchased and in a safe place. Just a little worried that they'll sell out. I had a nightmare last night that I forgot the concert. Forgot! I woke up reassuring myself that all was well... September 5th is still a ways away yet.

I hope I'm not a freak. It's just that it's the exact style and lyrics that suit my tastes. Sorry Adam... don't be afraid of me. I will calm down sometime after the 500th time that I listen to the CD. And then I'll start the annoying process of begging for a new fix. On second thought, maybe you should move very far away from me.


I... must... listen... again...

5 comments:

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

You ARE kinda scary crazy...but I'm not at all. Hmmm...I guess scary crazy AND a liar. LOL

Burt said...

maybe adam's not afraid of you but i sure am

Missy said...

I did say obsessive, but you make my jelly rolls jiggle with it!

Burts comment made me LOL. Why? I think its the straight up lack of punctuation. It's so unlike us punctuating women!

j_webb said...

AOC is amazingly talented! I find myself dreading the fact that they probably will "make it" and then Adam could be gone. Shows. Interviews. Release parties. A Tour.
I want him to stay put!
Is that selfish or what? :-)

MADDI-KATE said...

I'M EXACTLY THE SAME WAY! (EMMA, NO COMMENTS PLEASE!) RIGHT NOW I'M STUCK ON: MUSICALS AND FRENCH BRAIDS! HMM!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...