Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Provision

Sorry it's been so long... things have been a bit hectic. We're working on this year's big women's event at church. It's a little more complicated this year and taking up more of my time. Excuses. Excuses.



I always talk about God providing. He does provide. But lately I've been wondering... maybe it's just semantics, maybe not... but when I think of the word provide, it makes me think of me. What I need. What I want. Me.

My girls have been in need of new dressers for a few months. They have been using very small, plastic dressers. As they have grown, so have their clothes, making it harder for all their stuff to have a home. We haven't had the money for dressers. Then Terri calls me, out of the blue and gives me a beautiful, white wicker dresser and night stand, with 2 mirrors. Wow!

The underpinning on the trailer has been needing to be replaced. It's been that way for months. Mr. Jack called Chris up and offered some extra stuff that he had. It doesn't match perfectly but, hey, it was free.

Brody has been having bronchial spasms and needs breathing treatments. Guess what? Kim has a nebulizer... and the meds.

Over and over God provides for us. But I think we take this provision in too narrow a scope. Yes, God does provide our needs but He does it in the context of His sovereign plan. His provision of a bedroom suite for my girls has eternal roots and outworking. For every one thing that happens, don't you think that He has a million reasons for it? The scope of His plan and purpose is so far beyond our understanding, we don't even consider it.

He has a plan for me. For my daughters. For my trailer. For my little boy. And He also has a plan that encompasses all of creation. All the world and all its peoples. Could one wicker bedroom suite be a part of it?

I don't know for sure, but I suspect the answer is yes. Mind-blowing.

1 comment:

Jawan said...

So, tell me what Ty needs.....I might have a few things to donate!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...