Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Bits and Pieces

Here's just a few random things to tell you. They are not unimportant, only random.

I saw a cat chasing a car tonight. It was really funny. I needed a laugh very badly.

Ellas is in Children's Hospital. He was admitted today. They are really not sure what's wrong with him. He's had a 104 fever for a day and a half now. His lips are swollen and blistered. The doctor said the swelling was not consistent with only dehydration. His mouth and throat are blistered also. We'll know something tomorrow.

I am having surgery at 8:30 in the morning. I tore the ACL in my left knee. I can't spell the name of it... it's anterior cru...something ligament. It cannot be repaired, only rebuilt. Then lots of therapy afterward. I dread it. I'm such a baby.

When I tell people that I tore my ACL, if they know what that is, I get the occasional response of "Huh. I thought that was a sports injury." What? I don't look athletic to you? Chris thinks I'm athletic. He's always asking me if I wanna wrestle.

I received a lovely card from Amber today. Thank you dear friend.

Bren and I had a deeply philosophical conversation today (quit reading Frank, you might cry). It concerned Jack Black. We find it admirable that people like Jack Black and Will Farrell and Jim Carrey can commit themselves so completely to something. We find ourselves way too concerned with how we look. Those guys do not care one bit if/when they look completely ridiculous. It's really quite remarkable. I wish I could be more like that.

Well, we're about to watch The Benchwarmers. It's always nice when you can go into something with really low expectations that are justified.

It'll be a few days before I post again. Enjoy your life while I enjoy my pain meds. And be sure to pray for Ellas.

No comments:

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...