Sunday, July 30, 2006

My Inner Princess

Inside me is an inner princess battling to get out. This inner princess is the part of me that is free from cares. She smiles a lot, never has stomach aches from worrying and is, generally speaking, very pleasant to be with. Her wicked step-sister is temporarily in charge. She likes to dwell on her screw ups and complain. Her head hurts and her stomach aches over mistakes. She is very serious. The two sisters are scrapping right now.

Inside me, a battle rages. My flesh is mean and doesn't fight fair. My flesh 'feels' every screw up keenly. My flesh screams like a spoiled brat, "Pay attention to me! I'm in charge here!"

But my spirit is cherished by the Holy Spirit. My spirit whispers over and over, "I am a princess. I don't have to do penance for my sins. I am loved and beautiful. I am being changed and transformed." My spirit is very stubborn and persistent. It doesn't give up and shut up when it's told to. It doesn't tuck it's tail and run at the loud screaming of my flesh. No matter how loudly my flesh screams, somehow my spirit... the Holy Spirit... is quietly louder.

I will bask in his glow. I will lock the wicked step-sister in the closet and tell her to shut up. And then I'll run to the throne room and sit in my Daddy's lap and be a princess.

2 comments:

Amber said...

What a great word picture! thanks for sharing--it is easy to identify with that descrip of old man vs. new man; and makes it so much more relevant.

Keep 'em coming! Love ya!!
Amber

Unknown said...

Ok your how old? I thought you had gotten over the "when I grow up I want to be a princess thing"!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...