Monday, August 13, 2012

Roasted Adventures

My cooking has gotten so lazy. I'm serious. Corn, rice, potatoes, canned green beans. The end. Gross. This week I took Brody and Gracie with me to shop for new and exciting veges. We came home with lima beans, broccoli (which we LOVE and I got out of the habit of buying), asparagus, brussel sprouts, mixed vegetables, squash and avacado. I'm cooking the brussel sprouts right now. We're trying roasted sprouts because I love roasted vegetables. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, maybe some garlic salt and voila! Done. I really hope my family likes them. We need to get away from so many carbs.

What is your family's favorite vegetable? How do you cook it? Let me know in the comments. Thanks!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fried green tomatoes are my favorite vegetables. But fried food isn't healthy. We fix roasted veggies a lot. It smells good and tastes just as good as fried food and better for you. I also love fresh asparagus and zucchini. Anything fresh is wonderful.

Brenda said...

OLima beans are our favorite. But they have to be the frozen ones. Canned ones are just horrid. We just cook them on the stove with butter and salt and pepper. Beets are good, too. Dave seasons them so I'll have to consult him. Cpoked carrots with a sweet n sour kind of sauce on them with either green pepper or green onion in with them. (One of the nursing homes where I worked called it "red penny salad". Peas with pearl onions in with them is good.

Anonymous said...

Mmmm....roast the broccoli. It gets this yummy nutty flavor! Enjoy your veggies, we love them in our house!

Kristy Boyd

Jennifer and Marc Rollins said...

Fried squash and okra.. GRANNY STYLE.. You can make Granny's yams too!! And we love grilled zucchini sliced long ways with seasonins and Parmesan cheese melted on top.. Yum!!

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...