Saturday, June 14, 2008

Seaside, Books and the Search For Truth

"She walked through the bookstore in search of truth. She was cold. She was wet from the rain. She needed to use the bathroom. But all these things paled in comparison to her desperate search for truth. She couldn't shake the feeling that one of these books, one of these colorful, rich, tantalizing books, would change her life. If only she could find it."

I know the feeling. I took the girls to Seaside today. We ate ice cream and shopped and ended up in a book/music store. I walked through, as I usually do, wondering which books are the "good" books. I start out any trip to the bookstore with excitement, which fades to wonder, which fades to bewilderment. And then I rarely buy anything for fear of spending money on something I hate. Oh well. I realized today that, as much as I love to read, I always wait for someone to hand me a book or recommend one before I try it. I find that curious. Now I will think on that for a bit...

The beach is great. The trip has been wonderful. Thanks for praying for us. Please continue.

Thanks to George for the use of his laptop. I needed a blogging break.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Cool quote. What's it from?

Mmmm. A bookstore in Seaside. Sounds like heaven.

Kara said...

It sounds like you guys are having lots of fun. Wish I was there. Have tons of fun and best of luck on your return journey.

heather said...

Alas that is why I like the library, other than late fees I only have to read it if I like if, not it goes back. Glad you are having a good time.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip. This post sounds like a script to a movie or a draft for a book.

wendy b said...

Don't ever stop blogging... the Lord uses you to teach me more about Him and more of who He wants me to be. Invaluable you are, to Him and to me.

Grateful Introspection

Sometimes when a person is expressing gratitude, others call their words a "humble brag". Ty explained this to me. The person is a...